Hospital Injuries / Falls
A hospital is supposed to be a safe haven, a place one gets treated for injury, not the source of injury. There is an extra duty to protect patients from harm when they are most vulnerable — bedridden, hobbled, heavily medicated or groggy from surgery.
If you or a loved one was injured while receiving care or visiting a hospital, the San Antonio law firm of Rush & Gransee, L.C., can evaluate your possible claims against the facility. Our attorneys have successfully sued hospitals in Bexar County and throughout South Texas.Compensation for Hospital Injuries and Accidents
In addition to medical malpractice suits against doctors, we hold hospitals and nursing homes responsible for preventable injuries resulting from safety hazards or the negligence of hospital administrators or staff, including:
- Slip-and-fall in a hospital (slick floor, tripping hazard)
- Wheelchair or walker injuries
- Falls from hospital beds (guard rail not secured)
- Nursing errors
- Pharmacy errors
- Lab errors
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Failure to monitor patients in recovery
- Premature discharge or failure to admit
- Sexual assault or physical abuse
In many scenarios of injuries to hospital patients, hospital employees were derelict in their duties or failed to follow protocols. In other cases, the management may be accountable for negligent hiring, understaffing or neglected maintenance. Our team includes both a board-certified trial lawyer* and a board-certified physician. Together, they can assess the medical and legal facets of your case and explore your remedies.
To discuss your possible claims for a slip-and-fall in a hospital or another injury, contact us today for a free consultation.
* Robert Rush is certified as a Civil Trial Lawyer by the National Board of Trial Advocacy